Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mission San Juan Capistrano






I love that because we homeschool, we can go on a fieldtrip anytime we want and pretty much everywhere we visit presents itself with some sort of learning. CA history is so much fun to teach and the learning opportunities are endless! We visited the 21st California mission, San Juan Capistrano. The grounds are beautiful and we took a guided tour, so we learned a lot of great things.


Love the flowers throughout the grounds


statue of Padre Serra





This is the bell tower from the outside of the grounds to the south



I thought this doorway inside the great church was beautiful


5 Oates in a row with Momma at the koi pond


I absolutely love this picture

outside the East gate


The crosses throughout the mission are beautiful

A cross statue in the original cemetery


the alter and dome in great church


the architecture throughout is amazingly beautiful! I love the wood against the stone with the bells




We had such a great time, everyone was well behaved, the weather was nice and we learned lots of cool stuff! If you get the opportunity go, it's well worth the $8 :)

1 comment:

  1. I love our CA missions! I have been to 4 of them. The one in san luis rey is nice as well and has some interesting history! I am excited for Breven's year that he gets to re-create a mission for school and I hope he gets one we can go see in person. Not homeschooling I do all those fieldtrips myself outside the school to enhance his education.

    ReplyDelete