Saturday, August 24, 2013

SERVE Redlands 2013

This past week our church hosted SERVE. I was blessed to serve by doing the food for the week. It's so cool to see how God works!! The week was long, required LOTS of planning, many hours of work, trips to the store and mornings starting at 3:30 am, but at the end of it all, it was more than worth it! In the middle of the week, I was able to share my cancer story, pray with and encourage 2 boys at SERVE that had just gotten word their sister was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. There have been many times I've wondered what I was supposed to learn from having cancer and I've been praying that my story could help others, this was how! In addition to that awesome opportunity, I got to work with 2 other great ladies every morning! It was so cool to see people of the River come together and give of their time and resources to serve others and be the hands of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment